Dragon said the following on 2006/08/31 07:44 PM:
> The fact that people like Brad and Mark and others are willing to expend
> large amounts of their time responding to queries here should be taken as
> what it is, another gift to the community. I think they have gone above
and beyond the call of
> duty in this discussion and I am amazed at the restraint they have shown.

(on a more serious note)

I view it differently. I have had great feedback and I highly doubt either
of the parties mentioned viewed a response as a "restraining, difficult
exercise". I /really/ use lists to their full advantage and with some in
particular have never felt my input or response was an exercise in patience
or restraint. It's a labour of love. You do it because it's what you do.

That's not to say I don't appreciate a response (some time after the fact)
with another avenue to explore (thanks Mark) but compare the difference
between "you're harping on about nothing" to "have you tried this?". The
latter (in hindsight) is blindingly obvious -- and yet no-one else let their
sub-conscious ponder the problem a while longer.

Lists are communities. And community isn't about 'gifts' from the elders or
sticking to sensible rules. It's about invigorating the elders so they feel
like children in a toy-store again.
(and no I'm not being ageist or condescending or merely rebellious here)

--
| Bretton Vine | 083 633 8475 | [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| GPG: http://bretton.hivemind.net/bretton_vine.asc  |

"This is a test designed to provoke an emotional response: The water supply
IS tainted"