If the ISP you are having delay problems with is AT&T you can forget about
talking to them - they don't listen.  We recently had a very serious issue with
AT&T as one of our consultants in Utah uses them via Quest DSL. He didn't see
the problem but we did.  They delayed for a week, on average, every mail from
another consultant in Florida who is on ISDN using Megapath.  I got both their
mails just fine and from AT&T to Megapath was no problem but the reverse was.
We set up a relay forward through our mailserver but still we had problems so
it seems that they were parsing the headers and rejecting mail from Megapath,
perhaps as spam?  Whatever the reason, it was clearly deliberate.  They would
not comment on the problem, would not solve it.

In the end our Utah consultant had to get another ISP.  Megapath tried to
reason with AT&T and got nowhere.

Bob Landman
H&L