Christopher Adams wrote:

>That's another question - what is the
>difference between subscribing by sending a blank message or a
>'subscribe' command to listname-join and sendilng a 'subscribe'
>command to listname-request? It appears that they do the same thing. I
>guess that's why we call them aliases. :>)

They don't exactly do the same thing.

A message to listname-request can contain one or more syntactically
correct commands of various kinds in the body and possibly one in the
subject.

The subscribe command sent to listname-request can optionally specify a
password to be applied to the subscription, digest/regular, and an
address other than the From: address to subscribe.

If a message is sent to listname-join or listname-subscribe, the
subject and body of the message are ignored and it is processed as if
it contained a single 'subscribe' command with no options.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       The highway is for gamblers,