Ralph Utbult wrote:

>My problem is partially solved - changed ID for data/aliases* to mail
>mail.

I assume you are saying that this allows mail delivery to Mailman to
work.

>It seems that the web interface is working (at least locally, on
>the mail server). I will try to access it from a windows client inside
>my LAN, but if that doesn't work, no sweat.

The above change will have no effect on the web interface per se except
for list creation and removal. It will also affect bin/newlist and
bin/rmlist. The problem will be that with MTA='Postfix' these
processes will attempt to update data/aliases, and now they probably
won't have permission to do so.

bin/newlist will create the list, and then if not being run by 'mail'
or a user in the 'mail' group, will die.

bin/rmlist will die first.

The web create and remove will work (and not work) similarly.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       The highway is for gamblers,