Mark Sapiro schrieb:
> Ulrich Pöschl // p-consult.at wrote:
>>
>> I try creating the site list with the command "newlist mailman" and this
>> is what I get:
>>
>>> webprojects:/etc# newlist mailman
>>> Enter the email of the person running the list: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> Initial mailman password:
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/usr/sbin/newlist", line 226, in ?
>>>     main()
>>>   File "/usr/sbin/newlist", line 167, in main
>>>     mlist.Create(listname, owner_mail, pw)
>>>   File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 457, in Create
>>>     self.InitVars(name, admin, crypted_password)
>>>   File "/var/lib/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 296, in InitVars
>>>     self.web_page_url = (
>>> TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
>>> webprojects:/etc#
>

> It looks like you have set DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN in mm_cfg.py and you have
> an extraneous '%' in addition to the '%s' for the host name.

thanks a lot! your hint pointed me in the right direction. problem solved.

other question:

is it possible to use one mailman instance on a single server for two
different subdomains like

it wouldn't be too bad if the two hosts see eachosters lists, but
mailman should be able to send/receive on both subdomains..

any good starting-point in the docs? or any good howtos on that?

thanks again, and kind regards from Vienna,

Ulrich