On 5/1/07, Barry Finkel wrote:

>  I get no complaints, and the administrator web interface shows the
>  four addresses with the parenthesized name after the third address.
>  I have not tested whether any of these addresses can post to the new
>  list.  But when I want to add another address to the list (or remove
>  an address) via the admin web interface, I get an error messsage about
>  an incorrect address.  When I remove the parenthesized name, the error
>  message is not produced.  If the parenthesized name is not valid, I
>  would expect an error message during the config_list command execution.

Yeah, I've seen some weirdness myself in areas like this.

The one that hit me was a service provider role account with an
unusual (but legal) character in the name tried to post to one of our
internal group lists, and I approved that message and also clicked
the box to have Mailman automatically add that address to the
whitelist.  That worked, no problem.

However, when I later went to add more addresses to the whitelist,
there was nothing I could to get anything accepted -- until I deleted
this unusual address.  After that, everything worked fine.  But I
also couldn't re-add this unusual address.

There's definitely some bugs in the code to handle the whitelist
addresses.  I need to file my own bug report on this subject on
SourceForge, and I would encourage you to do the same.

Maybe then we could get Tokio or Mark to actually find & fix this one.  ;)

--
Brad Knowles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Consultant & Author