I am unable to create new lists with either the web interface or the
newlist script.  However, I can post to my existing lists, and the posts
go out to list subscribers.

Failed attempts yield this message:

   Error: Unknown virtual host: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

my mm_cfg.py file contains:

   DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/

   DEFAULT_NNTP_HOST = 'bashful'

   DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'bashful'

   DEFAULT_URL_HOST - 'bashful'

I did run the fix_url script against my existing lists.  I see no
evidence of problems when I run the check_perms and check_db scripts.

My hostname (physical and virtual [see below]) is
bashful.troxlerlabs.local

I have stopped and restarted the qrunner.

I should mention that my setup includes Postfix and Apache running in
the same host.  All this is in a SUSE Linux 10.2 virtual machine with
NAT and ports 25 and 80 forwarded to their respective applications.

This virtual machine worked fine on a different host, pfonvillepc2 (with
"pfonvillepc2" substituted for all instances of "bashful") before moving
it to bashful.

I have looked for posts and FAQs for similar problem(s) but couldn't
find any.  Would be grateful for any help.