Hi All--
Me!  Me!  Me!

;-)  I'm interested, very!

As part of my dedicated server from GoDaddy, which uses Plesk for an
admin interface, a mysql DB is pre-installed.  How difficult is it for a
DB neophyte to integrate with an existing setup like that?

Metta,
Ivan

Brian Carpenter wrote:
> We have come up with a php script that provides a search function for
> mailman. It uses the sphyder search engine and requires a mysql database. The
> script comes with an installation feature that will automatically install
> sphyder and do the initial indexing of the archive. It works with both
> private and public archives. You will need a member subscription to the list
> in question if the archives are private. Once the installation is done then
> all that is needed is to run a cron job that indexes new posts into the mysql
> database.
> The limitations to this script is that it requires a mysql db and can only be
> installed on a list by list basis. Also the search page is NOT integrated
> with archives. It is setup as a separate page outside of the mailing list
> archives however that has not been an issue with our clients. It can probably
> be integrated easy enough into your archives if you want.
> If there is enough interest in this then I will make it a free download and
> perhaps someone can create a FAQ entry to the download. Just let me know.
> Regards,Brian--------------------------------------EMWD.com -  'Powered by
> Techies'
> -----Original Message-----From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of Peter EdleySent: Wednesday, December 12, 2007 10:15 AMTo: [EMAIL
> PROTECTED]: Re: [Mailman-Users] PHP Script for search archive
> Not sure if there where any replies to this off list if so could youplease
> repost to the list since this is somthing I would be interestedin.
>
> On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 12:24 -0300, Hermes PHP wrote:> Hi,> >  > > Does anyone
> know of any script in PHP that look inside archives of the list?> >  > > The
> archives of the list are private.> >  > > > > Solution in phyton or perl not
> serve to me, has to be in PHP> >  > > > > Att,> > 'É um orgulho ter você como
> nosso cliente'> > ____________________________ > Hermes Alves> Gerente TI>  >
> ArgoHost.net> Hospedagem Web com Facilidade>
> <blocked::BLOCKED::http://www.argohost.net/> http://www.argohost.net> Suporte
> Telefônico: (85) 3264 9944 / (11) 4063 4844 R. 102> E-mail:
> <blocked::BLOCKED::mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> >  > > > >
.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/peter%40cww.org.uk> > Security Policy:

--
Ivan Van Laningham
God N Locomotive Works
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours