Hello,

2008/1/24, Khalil Abbas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hello mailman guys..
>
> ok, I have a dedicated server .. and I use mailman to send a daily
> newsletter.. I recenly got a list of 1,000,000 email addresses that I want to
> use to promote my website and mailing list .. can I create another mailman
> installation and add these addresses to it and use it to send an invitation
> to visit my website and join my mailing list without the risk of getting
> blocked by hotmail or yahoo or others because these emails I bought will have
> many faulty ones and will generate excessive bounces..
>
> is mailman programmed in a way to avoid getting blocked by hotmail and
> others?? or do u think it's better to buy another server and use it for
> promotion?

I may sound harsh but you cannot just get a list of 1,000,000 just
like that. I do not think Mailman creators wanted their product to be
used as a tool for spammers. Unless, these people have volunteered to
be sent offers.

I am not suggesting any solution because I am very much against such practices.

Zbigniew Szalbot