This sounds like an anitspam tactic to me. Messages addressed to multiple
recipients are deferred, since a lot of spammers won't try sending a deferred
message again; It's not worth their time or resources to keep track of deferred
messages, and then go back and retry them. A legitimate mail will go through,
just not until your MTA sends it a second time, upon which their servers will
most likely accept it.

>>> On 2/20/2008 at 6:15 AM, in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, "Rick Harris"
>>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My hosting company tells me that the mail logs indicate that the majority of
Mailman's messages to Yahoo addresses return a "deferred" message.  Here is
the complete message: