Just posting what I believe was the solution..
I saw that there was a bunch of lock files in the lock  directory matching the
list name.. and a bunch of files in the queue all destined to that list.. and
some were marcked as .bak instead of .pck
So I deleted the .bak files, and the lock files, restarted mailman.. and looks
like everything is flowing again...

Any ideas on what may have caused this so I can look out for it and maybe
prevent it for the future?

Cheers
Spyro