Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2008 10:11 AM
Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] pass mime types

Rueben wrote:

Under content filtering there is a field labeled: Remove message attachments that don't have a matching content type.

In the box I have:
multipart/mixed
multipart/alternative
text/plain

Can someone explain what each of those entries means, and give examples as to what kind of files would be affected by each filter?

Those entries are the MIME content types that content filtering will
accept. Any message part with a content-type other that those three
will be filtered out. For example, in a message with the following
structure

multipart/alternative
   text/plain
   text/html

The multipart/alternative part will be accepted and it's sub-parts
examined. Of those, only the text/plain part will be accepted and the
text/html part will be removed.

For this message

multipart/mixed
   multipart/alternative
       text/plain
       text/html
   application/msword

again, only the text/plain part will be accepted and the text/html and
application/msword parts will be removed.

For this message

multipart/related
   multipart/alternative
       text/plain
       text/html
   image/jpeg

nothing will be accepted because the entire multipart/related message
content type is not accepted.

--
Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        The highway is for gamblers,