On 5/29/08, Bob001 wrote:

 How can we customize mailman to ensure that un-subscriptions are
 automatically recorded.

They already are.  They're recorded in /usr/local/mailman/logs/subscribe.

 Once recorded, we also intent to customize subscribe function to
 automatically ensure that they don't get re-subscribed.

You need to make sure you understand why they're unsubscribed, however. If you get unsubscribed due to excessive bounces caused by a short-term problem at your ISP, should this prohibit you from ever being subscribed again?

And the automatic bounce handling system of Mailman is just one of many factors to consider.

 Any suggestions? Any patch available to achieve this functionality?

Check the patch system on sourceforge, but I would doubt it.

The key is going to be fully and completely understanding any of the various different reasons why a user was unsubscribed and putting that into the database, and knowing which of those kinds of transactions could be reversible and under what circumstances.

--
Brad Knowles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>