On 25/06/2008, at 4:52 PM, Vidiot wrote:

I've looked at the installation page over at the Wiki and there is nothing
regarding the problem I've run up against.

See page 6 of the Installation Manual (pdf).

It states the following should be added:

        ScriptAlias /mailman/ $prefix/cgi-bin/

I already have ScriptAlias defined:

        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/httpd/cgi-bin/"

One is not allowed to have multiple ScriptAlias lines. It almost appears that the instructions assume that no other ScriptAliases exist. Not likely.

The instructions have no workaround if Apache already has cgi-bin defined.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks for any pointers?

Hi again.

Actually, you are allowed to have multiple ScriptAlias lines within your httpd.conf (or any of your vhost.conf files if you have multiples. So long as they only point to a specific directory & separate path you'll be fine. One of the servers I manage has maybe 14 different aliases running - I am sure there will be others who have many more.

What the part of the manual you are referring to is saying is that when someone calls /mailman, Apache knows that scripts within that path are to be executed instead of being served straight up. It's an addition to your existing cgi-bin rather than a replacement. Hope that rather simplistic explanation serves to help you understand it a little better.

hEARd

Postal Address:
        hEARd, 26B Glenning Rd, Glenning Valley, NSW 2261, Australia
Internet -
        WWW: http://heard.com.au http://itavservices.com
EMAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: Australia - 02 4388 1400 / International - + 61 2 43881400
Mobile: Australia - 04 28881400 / International - 61 4 28881400