Atkinson, Robert wrote:
I have a unique problem where I need to use MailMan (or another application)
to hide my users email addresses.
Basically, I need to create a single address that a company ('Global
Supplies') will email me on, e.g. '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
<mailto:'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'> . When the email gets to me, I need to
check and release it. It will then be distributed to all the users on the
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]' list, BUT must still appear as if it came from the
'Global Supplies' email address, and not mine.
I'd like to know if MailMan can do this, if you know of any companies that
use MailMan where I can buy a managed service, or any other software/services
where I can achieve the same goals.

That sounds like a standard moderated mailing list. Unless you choose the functions to convert it into an anonymous list, the sender's address will always appear to be that of the original sender (i.e., the "From:" header is not modified), pretty much regardless of what else may be done to the message.

As a moderator, you would get an e-mail message telling you that there is something waiting in the moderator queue, you fire up a web browser to go look at the queue and take action on it, and any approved messages should then show up on the list.

Of course, in the default configuration the sender is going to get a notice that their message is being held for moderation, which is good in most circumstances, but maybe not what you want here.

From the looks of it, I think you want to talk to some Python/Mailman service providers and get a more direct in-person discussion over what the software can and cannot do for you, what kinds of fees they charge for their services, etc....

I'd suggest starting with the links in the "Mailman Community" page at <http://wiki.list.org/display/COM/Home> and check out both hosting services and consulting services.

--
Brad Knowles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>