On 8/5/2008 4:44 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
I don't think so. I'm confused at this point. Mailman and Postfix both
seem to be set up properly for you to mail to
[EMAIL PROTECTED], yet your mysql alias seems to be
required for you to mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Which domain do you want to use for your list mail?

mydomain.com - so lists would be just [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Remember, I didn't set this up, I inherited it, so I'm trying to fix it.

1. just one domain for list mail

If that is the domain which is currently DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST, which I
gather is 'myhost.mydomain.com', then I think everything should work
if you just mail to that domain.

So what is this domain?

That is it, but I don't want to have to use the host. part, because everyone is used to just [EMAIL PROTECTED]

2. just one domain for web access

And is this the DEFAULT_URL_HOST domain?

yes.

3. it is a virtual domain in postfix, but it is the only one, and I don't see that changing.

And which domain is this?

mydomain.com

I guess the problem is that whoever originally set this up used myhost.mydomain.com for the DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST.