I run multiple lists using Mailman 2.1.8. Periodically some users receive a message asking them to confirm their unsubscribe from a given list. This happens despite the fact that they have taken no action to unsubscribe. It doesn't happen a lot, but enough that I know something is going on. It has even happened to me and my account that is subscribed to lists.

What is triggering the unsubscribe attempt? Is it spam that is doing it. I know that if they ignore message, the unsubscribe attempt will age out, but they, the users don't understand what is going on.

Dave