here's the SMTP log:

for 49194 recips, completed in 49.745 seconds
is this a good thing? do I have to change anything in mailman?

Thanks

> Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:37:09 -0700> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: [EMAIL
> PROTECTED]; mailman-users@python.org> Subject: Re: [Mailman-Users] Extreme
> Slow delivery of messages> > faisal anif wrote:> > > >I've recently purchased
> a dedicated server (P4 2.4, 1 GB RAM) with Cpanel/WHM .. I created a list
> with cpanel but noticed that exim is extremely slow in delivering the
> messages to the list although I changed the following settings in WHM:> > >
> >The maximum each domain can send out per hour (0 is unlimited) = 0> > >
> >Number of minutes between mail server queue runs (default is 60) = 1> > > >I
> checked with the server's providers, there are no constraints on the outgoing
> messages from the server.> > > >what could the problem be?> > > Question 1 -
> is the delay in SMTP from Mailman to exim or is the delay> between exim and
> the remote MTA's?> > Look in mailman's smtp log for messages like> > Oct 17
> 09:47:08 2008 (30746)> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> smtp to g
 pc-website for> 23 recips, completed in 0.396 seconds> > The above is a VERP'd
delivery, so it represents 23 separate SMTP> transactions in 0.396 seconds. If
your delivery is an order of> magnitude or more slower than this, see the FAQ
at> <http://wiki.list.org/x/doA9>.> > If the delay is between exim and the
remote MTA's, this is an exim> question, not a Mailman one, but the FAQ at>
<http://wiki.list.org/x/qoA9> may help.> > -- > Mark Sapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
The highway is for gamblers,> San Francisco Bay Area, California better use
your sense - B. Dylan>