Some members of the list posted back in 2003 about known problems with footers not appearing in mail readers like Outlook using default settings.

I'm using Mailman 2.1.5 and wondering if I upgrade to a newer version will I get any better results with messages going out that "hide" the footer as an attachment?

I suspect the problem is, as was explained in some of those old list messages, that senders are sending RTF or HTML, but the footer is plain text, so Mailman separates them.

If MM developers have figured out a way in a newer version to better assure people won't miss the footer, I'd appreciate knowing (and will upgrade). Or if there are any other nifty ideas to get around this problem in 2.1.5, I'd appreciate knowing that as well!

Thanks,

Allan Trick
Principia College
Elsah, Illinois