Hello,

I am currently administering a small Mailman 2.11 list for our volunteer organization. Another individual needs the basic ability to subscribe, unsubscribe and possibly list members. This person thinks that they are a lot more computer literate than they are and I don't want to give them the password to the web configuration interface for fear that they will mess something up that will take me hours to figure out and fix.

I am an embedded hardware engineer and not a programmer but I am careful enough not to change settings or list parameters without thoroughly testing the changes. So far I have managed to stay out of trouble! :-)

Is it possible to do these rudimentary functions via the e-mail interface? If so can you point me to some documentation on how to do this? The only information I have found on the email interface seems to be directed to an individual user changing their own parameters and not to admin functions.

Would I then have to add this person as an administrator and then just not tell them about the other email commands or the existence of the web interface?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

P.S. These admins and users are all on Windows boxes so any solution cannot be Linux specific.