David Lane wrote:

I have modified the mm_cfg.py file with the correct DEFAULT_URL_HOST, but
the web links keep defaulting to the hostname of the server instead of the
CNAME (alias) of the site as defined in the mm_cfg.

Where else might mailman be getting the settings from that I haven't checked
yet?

Keep in mind that a lot of software will re-write hostnames into their canonical form. Most MTAs do this by default (based on a certain reading of the RFCs), and I would not be at all surprised to find that web browsers and web servers would do the same.

So, the lesson is that before you start blaming anything else, you might want to try removing the CNAME alias entirely, and set up a plain A record for that name.

--
Brad Knowles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>