Grant Taylor wrote:

Don't change anything at all in any of the signed/encrypted part, just treat it as an opaque object and encapsulate the whole thing.

It sounded like that is what Mailman already did and that by doing so broke the signature.

I don't think it broke the signature, I think what happened is that it hasn't been encapsulated in the correct manner.

I will have to go back and re-read if it is possible to graft the existing MIME tree in to another larger MIME tree with out invalidating it.

At the very least, you can do a message/rfc822 bodypart, and that should guarantee that the signature is not broken, assuming that there's no changes in whitespace encoding, etc....

However, I don't know how most MUAs would handle that in a signed message. A more intelligent encapsulation format should hopefully address that issue.

--
Brad Knowles
<b...@shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out