Hi Mark,

From: "Mark Sapiro" <m...@msapiro.net>
Mark Sapiro wrote:

Helmut Schneider wrote:

I set up a new mailman instance (2.1.11). I remeber that when I
created new  lists a mail was sent to the admin describing what he
needs to add to  /etc/aliases to make the new list work. Currently I
do not recieve that  email at the new installation. Did I forget to
check a box?

It depends on how you create the list. If you create a list from the
web or via bin/newlist without the "-q" option, the admin should be
notified.

Is Mailman running?

See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/A4E9>.

In the above reply, I overlooked the fact that you were talking about
the aliases email to the owner of the site list ('mailman-owner').
This is only sent if you haven't changed the default MTA = 'Manual'
setting. If you have set MTA in mm_cfg.py to other than 'Manual', the
aliases mail will not be sent.

I did not touch the MTA setting, the only things I added are

DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST
DEFAULT_URL_HOST
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN
PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL
DELIVERY_MODULE = 'SMTPDirect'
SMTPHOST
SMTPPORT

Communication itself seems fine, i recieved a subscription reminder this morning from mailman-owner.