Steven Bonisteel wrote:

>Spammer sends message to a Mailman list's 'request' address using his real
>target's e-mail address in 'From:'
>
>Mailman  responds with:
>
>"The results of your email command are provided below. Attached is your

We are painfully aware of Mailman's backscatter issues (the above is
only one), and there will be changes to address this in Mailman 2.2.

>How can I disable the quoting of the original messages in responses from the
>'request' address?

In Mailman 2.1.x, only by modifying the the Results.send_response()
method in Mailman/Queue/CommandRunner.py. If you want to do this, post
that fact, and I can suggest a patch.