Quoting Mark Sapiro (m...@msapiro.net):

> Yes it is. 'listinfo' is a CGI. You need a
> ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/usr/local/mailman/cgi-bin/"

The Apache conf has:
ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman/

I didn't harp on that in either of my posts because I _had_ pointed out
that the Mailman Web pages _do work_ for the default host -- and also
invited people to have a look at http://linuxmafia.com/mailman/listinfo
and subpages thereof, if they had any doubts.

-=but=-, the above ScriptAlias was neatly tucked into the stanza for the
default host.  And:

> (or whatever the correct path is) in your httpd.conf where it will
> apply to the lists.linuxgazette.net host. I.e. it needs to be in the
> VirtualHost block for each host with lists or it needs to be outside
> of the virtual hosts section so it applies globally.

That was it!  Fixed, now.

Damn.  Bear in mind, I've just had a forced transition from Apache 1.3.x
to Apache2 (on account of sudden destruction of the old box), so my
excuse is that Debian's Apache2 conffile setup is rather different from
what I was used to.

Thank you, Mark.  And thank you, good gentleman all.

--
Cheers,                      Notice:  The value of your Hofstadter's Constant
Rick Moen                    (the average amount of time you spend each month