Today, I had an interesting "bug or a feature" in Mailman, which took me some time to fix.

I have a Mailman 2.1.12 which was running fine for months on a virtual host.

I did some low level kernel "experiments", and the virtual guest started to malfunction.

So, back to the original state - unfortunately Mailman interface didn't work anymore.

It exited with "Bug in Mailman version 2.1.12".

Webserver nor Mailman logs didn't give me a clue.

I browsed Mailman installation files; lists/*/config.pck suspiciously had a date of 1953.

Touching these files ("find | xargs touch" in the lists dir) fixed the problem.

Is it a bug or a feature in mailman, that when some files in "lists" directory are really old, Mailman refuses to work with "Bug in Mailman version 2.1.12"?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org