Jay Deiman wrote:
Hello all,

I've been running mailman 2.1.10 on FreeBSD 6.2 for quite some time now and I just recently noticed that the default footer (msg_footer) is not being appended to all the messages. Is there something else that needs to be set/enabled to turn this on? I've searched for this problem and I've found nothing so I'm kind of assuming that I'm missing a setting somewhere.

I figured out what was going on here. This was due to my still using the deprecated "Sendmail" DELIVERY_MODULE. I switched to "SMTPDirect" and everything is peachy now.

On a related note, is there any plan to possibly fix/rewrite the Sendmail module. The reason I was using it in the first place is because it was much easier in terms of integration with my system since using the sendmail binary for outgoing mail bypasses all the post-queue content filtering and such that goes on on my server.

On the flipside, setting up SMTPDirect with postfix was just a matter of adding an smtpd entry in master.cf that only listens on localhost and just permits. However, it would still be nice to *realistically* have an option.

Jay

--
Jay Deiman

\033:wq!