On Dec 18, 2009, at 12:15 AM, Derrick Wooden wrote:

> I have been doing a lot of reading along that wise.  As a result I'm setting
> up the new server with no cPanel and will use Postfix as my MTA.  I will do
> a clean install of Mailman 2.13 so that I can be on the same page as most
> users.

It's not just the MTA.  It's also the configuration.  I could build a Sendmail
configuration that could beat the pants off an out-of-the-box postfix
configuration, if the list was large enough and I had enough hardware to do the
job right.  I'm sure that we could find people who could do the same with Exim.

IMO, using postfix will give you a good initial default configuration and it
won't take as much tweaking to improve the mail delivery performance, but
that's just a personal opinion.

> I read in a 2004 (or earlier thread) where using MySQL db tables would also
> increase the speed.  I will also utilize this option.

I don't know of any way that MySQL would factor into this discussion.  Can you
provide a reference?

--
Brad Knowles <bradknow...@shub-internet.org>