--On January 10, 2010 8:54:08 PM -0500 Gayle Laible <gaylelai...@fuse.net> wrote:

I want to start a newsletter and I see your logo at the bottom of several
things I get.  I have a Max OSX Version 10.5.8.  It is an older laptop
that I have updated several times.  It does not have an Intel
processor...  Can I download and use Mailman on my Mac?

To which I reply:

Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: if the laptop isn't powered on and on the network with a publicly-routable IP address 24x7, then it's, shall we say, sub-optimal. You'd be better off talking to the folks at <http://www.emwd.com> about hosting the list for you.

--
Steve Burling                                    <mailto:s...@umich.edu>
University of Michigan, ICPSR                    Voice: +1 734 615.3779