Beyer, Clay wrote:

>>Have successfully set up a Debian server and installed and configured
>>Postfix and have been trying to integrate Mailman. I am receiving the
>>following errors during the apt-get install mailman process:
>>

>>Warning: I/O Error While Trying To Byte-Compile
>>/usr/lib/mailman/bin/qmail-to-mailman.py (2): No such file or
directory

>>Warning: I/O Error While Trying To Byte-Compile
>>/usr/lib/mailman/bin/postfix-to-mailman.py (2): No such file or
>>directory

>You clearly don't need qmail-to-mailman.py, and while Debian seems to
>like postfix-to-mailman.py (which is not distributed even as
>contributed source by the GNU Mailman project), I don't recommend it.

>>Again, this is happening during install and it seems like the install
is
>>failing or not completing properly. I have tried uninstalling and
>>reinstalling but continue to receive the same I/O errors. Can anyone
>>assist?

>This is a Debian packaging issue. If you wish to install Debian's
>Mailman package, you'll have to take this up with Debian.

How would I go about completely removing the current, albeit, partial
install of mailman? Is there a way to do any kind of complete removal
other than just searching and deleting (after an apt-get remove)? I am a
bit of a Linux beginner, so I am not entirely sure how the tarball
installations works, but I am betting that is simpler to figure out and
will ask if I need any assistance.