On 8 Mar, 2010, at 3:08 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

Patrick Okui wrote:

On 7 Mar, 2010, at 11:01 PM, Patrick Okui wrote:

AttributeError: Message instance has no attribute 'get_type'

hmm.. /usr/lib/mailman/pythonlib is empty -- that could do it no?

pop:/usr/lib/mailman # rpm -ql mailman | grep pythonlib
/usr/lib/mailman/pythonlib
pop:/usr/lib/mailman #

I'm guessing this is an opensuse issue, unless someone here has
figured out what they did with the pythonlib.

Yes, it does appear to be a packaging issue. As I said in my other
reply, with Mailman 2.1.11, not only do you need the email package in
pythonlib, you also can't use Python later than 2.5.x. The first
Mailman release compatible woth Python 2.6.x is Mailman 2.1.12.

Thank you for your help, I was able to fix this by downloading a patch from SuSE that basically renames the relevant get_type etc functions to those that will work with python2.6. Downgrading to 2.4 broke a few other things so I'll leave it as is and plan for the upgrade to 2.1.13.

Thanks again,

Patrick.