On Fri, 15 Oct 2010, cmallon wrote:

This may seem like a dumb question but I've been seeing a lot of this in my mail.logs All the messages are being delivered and there are no bad recipients in the list. Could there be a misconfiguration somewhere? I'd like to write a script that extracts information from the keyword bounces, but don't want to get data from legitimate emails.

Oct 15 10:53:20 apps25 postfix/qmgr[16897]: 1984F691A316: from=<my-list-boun...@mail.mydomain.com>, size=3824, nrcpt=6 (queue active)

This is normal. List messages are sent out as <listname>-bounces so that if one does indeed bounce, it gets sent back to an address that can do something about it.

Geoff.