Hi,

we recently moved our Mailman server from a RHEL 3 machine running Mailman 2.1.9 to a RHEL 5 system running Mailman 2.1.14. Everything went very smoothly, but today I noticed one small issue. For various reasons we use 'lists.uni-koeln.de' as URL_HOST, but as EMAIL_HOST we use 'uni-koeln.de'. So the address for the sitelist is mail...@uni-koeln.de. On the old system we were able to receive mail for @lists.uni-koeln.de addresses as well, but on the new system we can't. But the listinfo CGI uses mail...@lists.uni-koeln.de as the site address. I checked out the code, but didn't really understand it – I'm more of a Perl guy ;)

def get_site_email(hostname=None, extra=None):
   if hostname is None:
       hostname = mm_cfg.VIRTUAL_HOSTS.get(get_domain(), get_domain())
   if extra is None:
       return '%...@%s' % (mm_cfg.MAILMAN_SITE_LIST, hostname)
   return '%s...@%s' % (mm_cfg.MAILMAN_SITE_LIST, extra, hostname)

Shouldn't that use the DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST instead? I fixed our specific problem by hardcoding the return value, but it seems to me that could be a more general issue ...

Thanks, Sebastian
--
    .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
                .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.