On 5/2/2011 11:05 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
Henry Hartley wrote:

possibly a setting that says "all From addresses must be on the list".

Perhaps that would be useful, but it doesn't currently exist.

Or at the least something that says if a specifically banned address is in the From field, then don't allow it. That might be simpler to impliment, and is more likely to always be the right thing to do.

If this is your Mailman installation, you could try putting

SENDER_HEADERS = (None,)

in mm_cfg.py. This would say that the post is considered to be from a
member only if the envelope sender is a member.

I've done this. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll report back if that doesn't solve the problem but it seems like it should. It occurs to me that this is site-wide, however. Is that right? I have a half dozen lists so now does this apply to all of them? They are all small and it's probably OK, but I should know.

--
Henry