At 03:41 PM 7/17/2011, Mark Sapiro wrote:
David Andrews wrote:

>So, at the risk of seeming stupid, what is it that they are trying to
>do, or doing.  Are they collecting addresses for spam, or what?  If I
>don't ask, I won't learn.

As I said in my original reply, "It's answerpot <http://answerpot.com/>
archiving your lists."  They are subscribing to your lists in order to
collect list posts for their archive. See their web site for more info.

You did say that and I just didn't check it out. Is there any reason to not let them do this? My sponsoring organization is involved in a lot of public education kinds of things, and want to get the word out. Is there a negative, or spam risk, or something to letting them archive? And ... finally, why do they need multiple subscribes to the same list?

Sorry if I am asking to many questions -- I know you aren't their representative or defender.

Dave