From: Mark Sapiro [mailto:m...@msapiro.net]
Sent: 18 May 2012 20:27
To: Andrew Hodgson; mailman-users@python.org
Subject: RE: [Mailman-Users] Mailman/Htdig integration

>Andrew Hodgson wrote:
>>
>>One other question if I may:
>>
>>/bin/mv:
>>`/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/bcab-board/htdig/synonyms.db' and
>>`/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/bcab-board/htdig/synonyms.db' are
>>the same file

>The nightly_htdig script runs the rundig shell script pointed to by
>mm_cfg.HTDIG_RUNDIG_PATH

>My version (3.2.0b6 + some patches from
><ftp://ftp.ccsf.org/htdig-patches/3.2.0b6/>) of that script doesn't look like
>it does those mv commands.

Weird. I am using the Debian version but have downloaded the source and it has
the following in the rundig script:

case "$alt" in
-a)
  ( cd $DBDIR && test -f db.docdb.work &&
    for f in *.work
    do
        mv -f $f `basename $f .work`
    done
    test -f db.words.db.work_weakcmpr &&
        mv -f db.words.db.work_weakcmpr db.words.db_weakcmpr) ;;
esac

The nightly_htdig script doesn't I believe seem to use the -a option but it
looks as though that is being done anyway.  The patch on the FTP site for the
rundig command seems to fix another issue with the script.

Andrew.