Hi,

I've been contracted to do a Mailman setup for a company that wants to set up a newsletter-type list. They'd like to use a database for the back-end and to hide as much of Mailman's internals as possible without creating too much work.

First, databases. We'd prefer to use PostgreSQL but I've not managed to find any code for doing this. We can use MySQL instead. I found a guide at http://loeki.tv/log/archives/81-Setting-up-Mailman-to-store-members-in-a-MySQL-database.html which references files at http://trac.rezo.net/trac/rezo/browser/Mailman/MySQLMemberAdaptor

Is this the best approach/patch to use? Do people doing this use something else?

As for the web stuff, are there things we need the web interface for or can we do everything via the command line? I'm thinking we probably need the web UI for some things but don't recall exactly what.

Thanks,
Geoff.