The source file looked like this, it was posted using Thunderbird.

Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 09:17:17 +0800
To: testlist-request@<hostname>.com
Subject: Re: confirm 428de52f22d37c5175c0182148fb8bb7e3dcc356

On 1/1/1970 8:00 AM, testlist-request@<hostname>.com wrote:
<pre wrap>
of the body of the reply.
</pre></body>

Regards,
Alex

On 9/7/2012 11:18 PM, Carl Zwanzig wrote:
On 9/7/2012 12:05 AM, Alex TW LAM wrote:

But after they entered "Approved <mod pw>" in the first line of the confirm mail (email command). Nothing would happened, list members would not receive posted, nor would the moderator received "Confirmation succeeded" message.

Did they change email clients or domains? IIRC, the Approved line has to be the first line of the message body, and some MUAs add other spacing or headers. Have them bcc you on an approve message and then look at the raw message itself.

I think this might be a FAQ, but I'm not going to check at the moment.

z!