I have enabled mailing lists under cPanel on my hosting package and am doing my own testing to ensure I understand how it works before inviting other users, and putting the system into service.

Everything was going great with all my tests, till I tried sending a few messages to the list from addresses not yet subscribed.

I (as List Administrator), received notice that there were posts that needed my authorization to post.

When I visited the "Administrative requests for mailing list" page I see all the options, but none of them have any functionality. That is no matter what option or options I select, when I click "Submit All Data" the page cycles, and returns with no change in the message status - no messages get Accepted, no messages get Rejected, no messages get Discarded, and no message is sent back to the author of the post (I have tried all possible combinations to see if there were someway to trigger action from this page, but to no avail.

In addition to not being able to administer these posts while signed in as the List Administrator, I note that I also can not cancel these posts from the email address they were originally submitted: When I follow the link to cancel the posting, I am asked for a "confirmation string (i.e. /cookie/) that you received in your email message". There is no confirmation string received in the email system message telling me that my post is awaiting moderation.

The Mailman version provided is 2.1.14-1, and the hosting company has been of no use to date in this question as they are unfamiliar with this functionality.

(there is another quirk that I mention here in case it is in some manner related, though I think not: While in cPanel, looking under the heading Mailing Lists, the resulting page allows me to set up mailing lists, but for some reason the "modify" link with each mailing list does not take me to the Mailing List Administration page but to a broken link. I had not worried about this lack of convenience as I can enter directly)

Thank you, Tim.

--
Do something EPIC today!

Tim Chesnutt
Race Director
Subaru EPIC Dartmouth

June 30th, 2013 - Three Great Races, One EPIC Day!

AQUA Dartmouth - 3.8k / 180k / 300m
EPIC Dartmouth - 3.8k / 180k / 21.1k
IRON Dartmouth - 3.8k / 180k / 42.2k

www.EpicDartmouth.com