On 07/31/2013 04:34 AM, Drew Tenenholz wrote:

> Is there a way to restore or access the messages once they have been
> discarded?

Assuming you didn't check "Preserve messages for the site
administrator", only from some kind of file system backup. If you did
check that box it will be in $var-prefix/spam/spam-LISTNAME-dddd.msg.

> If I were able to get to a backup snapshot of the system, which file would I
> be looking to restore?

$var-prefix/data/heldmsg-LISTNAME-dddd with a .pck or .txt extension
depending on the setting of HOLD_MESSAGES_AS_PICKLES.

If you can restore the file, you can see the message  with bin/dumpdb if
it's a .pck or cat if it's a .txt, but it won't appear in the admindb
interface unless you do something like
<http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/hold_again>.