Looked through for an answer to this and couldn't find it elsewhere.

If I add an email address to Mailman that's already on the list, will Mailman duplicate it, or will it do something else?

joe@domain is already on the list
joe@domain  is added by me (but is already on the list, remember?)

Does "joe" now get two messages from the list, or will the list just send me an error message saying, 'hey dummy, that's a duplicate'.

I've been tasked with adding a bulk of addresses to the list but it would be easier not to sort my list of people already on it. I would like to take and just add everyone, including some who are probably already on it. From a data entry perspective, it will be time consuming to sift and sort those already on it.

Clear as mud?

--
Cheers,

David M. Holden