On Sun, 2014-12-07 at 13:52 -0800, r...@rexgoode.com wrote:
> I suppose I should have added what I wanted you to look at. I don't
> think mailman reads minds, yet.

Running a discussion list using email CCs is, IMHO, unwieldy to the
point of being unusable.  A point which I didn't see in your lists is
the fact that in some mail clients, addresses that stop working can
derail the mailout so that every subsequent address in the list doesn't
get a post.

I just set up a Mailman announcement list for some folks who were having
this problem, trying to run their list from BCCs stored in the list
owner's mail client, and the problems of trying to run a discussion list
this way, with a CC list, would be an order of magnitude greater.  I'd
never try it with a list of more than a dozen people, at the most, but
then I have ready access to my own mail server and Mailman
installation :)

Mail clients vary substantially in how they handle DSNs and NDRs, and
without centralized control over this you'd have chaos!  Mail clients
vary widely in their quality, behavior and adherence to published
standards.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works if you let it"
FMP Computer Services |