On 20/07/2015 16:04, Mark Sapiro wrote:
On 7/20/15 3:18 AM, MLA wrote:
I have a low volume mailing list and would like to remove the digest
option, so what I've done is (via the Mailman administrative interface):

- in "Membership management"-"Membership list": disabled "Digest" from
those members who had this enabled
- in "Digest option": set Edit_digest to NO to disable the digest
feature entirely

Do you mean digestable as in
Can list members choose to receive list traffic bunched in digests?
(Edit digestable)?

Sorry, yes. I meant "Edit_digestable".

But for testing purposes I subscribed to the list with a new address and
noticed that in my user's administration page ("options" section)
there's a choice for "set digest mode" for on/off. How can I remove this
and any other trace of the digest option which I might have missed?

The setting is there, but it can't be set to Yes if digestable is No.

If you have sufficient access to the server, you can copy
/path/to/templates/en/options.html to
/path/to/lists/LISTNAME/en/options.html and remove the part

I'm not sure which rights I have to the server but I was able to edit it from the web user administration interface! In the "Edit the public HTML pages and text files" I edited the "User specific options page". Works great now.

It is arguably a bug to display these settings on the options page if
the list is not digestable and the user's digest setting is not Yes. If
you file a bug at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+filebug>, I'll
consider fixing it.

Done!

M.