In some occasions, a few subscribers of different lists contains the character
​ in the mail-address, like
m...@example.com&#8203;<mailto:m...@example.com&#8203;> preventing them from
receiving any mails from Mailman. The Unicode is always the same on affected
subscribers.

As what I've read it is a zero space line break unicode character. So far the
only think I found was about HTML pages containing the character and a single
post explains something about the character being added to a page through the
Office 365 Public Website editor. But since subscribing to a Mailman list does
not involve an editor, I assume that the character could have been added by a
webbased mail client.

>From what I've learned, the issue is associated with a random number of
>subscribers on different lists, having different admins in most cases - I
>currently have the issue on two lists having the same admin though, but two
>different subscribers.

I don't know whether the subscribers have subscribed through mail or through
the Mailman web interface, but since the problem is random, I assume that the
Mailman web interface is not associated. I guess that it must be some kind of
common web based MUA they have used, like Gmail or Hotmail or similar.

What could course this and how can I prevent it?

Yours faithfully

Henrik Rasmussen