On 10/21/2015 11:45 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
On 10/21/2015 02:14 PM, Marco Stoecker wrote:

How do I identify whether the message comes from mailman or list1 or list2?
Sorry for the questions, I'm not that experienced so far.

Here are some of the headers of your message as I received it from the
mailman-users list with my comments interspersed. How you actually see
these headers depends on your mail client. It may be something like
client. I have removed some headers which aren't relevant to this
discussion.

Above shows the envelope sender of the message which is the VERPed
mailman-users-bounces address.

<snipped>

Added by Mailman.

If you just get the complete headers from all the duplicates of one
message received by one user and post those, I can help interpret them.

This would be very great!
I did attach the header from a recent message I got last week. I'm a member of a
list and the sender sent this mail to 5 mailinglists on our server. Each
member of these 5 lists got 5 messages.

But the email, which I sent last week, with the attachement never made it to this list. How can I send the headers instead, cause this email would be very long?

Did I understood right, all entry in /var/log/mailman/smtp file are made
by mailman and in this case it could be an indicator that mailman send
the email 5 times to each list?

And here is the corresponding entry in the /var/log/mailman/smtp file:

Oct 22 10:40:33 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
beisitz for 3 recips, completed in 21.833 seconds
Oct 22 10:41:02 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
ak-leiter for 13 recips, completed in 28.426 seconds
Oct 22 10:41:12 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
gruppensprecher for 6 recips, completed in 10.447 seconds
Oct 22 10:41:23 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
kollegium for 16 recips, completed in 11.236 seconds
Oct 22 10:41:29 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
vorstand for 3 recips, completed in 5.095 seconds
Oct 22 10:41:39 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
beisitz for 3 recips, completed in 10.615 seconds
Oct 22 10:41:50 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
kollegium for 16 recips, completed in 10.871 seconds
Oct 22 10:41:55 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
vorstand for 3 recips, completed in 4.794 seconds
Oct 22 10:42:06 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
gruppensprecher for 6 recips, completed in 10.890 seconds
Oct 22 10:42:22 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
ak-leiter for 13 recips, completed in 15.688 seconds
Oct 22 10:42:32 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
beisitz for 3 recips, completed in 10.289 seconds
Oct 22 10:42:43 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
gruppensprecher for 6 recips, completed in 10.736 seconds
Oct 22 10:42:53 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
kollegium for 16 recips, completed in 10.497 seconds
Oct 22 10:43:09 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
ak-leiter for 13 recips, completed in 16.035 seconds
Oct 22 10:43:15 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
vorstand for 3 recips, completed in 5.468 seconds
Oct 22 10:43:25 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
gruppensprecher for 6 recips, completed in 10.680 seconds
Oct 22 10:43:31 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
vorstand for 3 recips, completed in 5.253 seconds
Oct 22 10:43:46 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
ak-leiter for 13 recips, completed in 15.867 seconds
Oct 22 10:43:57 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
kollegium for 16 recips, completed in 10.956 seconds
Oct 22 10:44:09 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
beisitz for 3 recips, completed in 11.101 seconds
Oct 22 10:44:18 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
gruppensprecher for 6 recips, completed in 9.922 seconds
Oct 22 10:44:28 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
beisitz for 3 recips, completed in 9.971 seconds
Oct 22 10:44:39 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
kollegium for 16 recips, completed in 10.315 seconds
Oct 22 10:44:55 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
ak-leiter for 13 recips, completed in 16.343 seconds
Oct 22 10:45:00 2015 (897) <008b01d10ca4$eb5fd0b0$c21f7210$@de> smtp to
vorstand for 3 recips, completed in 4.947 seconds

BR
Marco