On 4/14/2016 10:36 AM, Gretchen R Beck wrote:

As our archives approach a terabyte in size, I was wondering if anyone
had suggestions or tips for handling archive growth and storage. I've got
some ideas, but am wondering what others might be doing.  Just as
background, we have a few thousand lists, and support a mid-sized
university population, with list creation open to faculty, staff, and
students.

My first thoughts involve purging old/unused lists, message retention policies, whether attachments have been scrubbed- that sort of thing. Are there single lists that have -huge- archives or are there just a lot of lists with small archives?

For instance, if none of a list's members are still active accounts, does it make sense to keep the archive online, or to retain it at all?

z!