Thanks for the suggestion on the mailop list Jim.

Verizon began accepting mail again for lists on the European server about 6 hours ago.

No light was shed as to why or what changed their view. Not only Verizon but AT&T as well, at around the same time - a little puzzle that's probably best left alone.

It may be that their default position is to block all list mail regardless - until they get swamped with complaints.

I've subscribed to the mailop list as you suggest, and if I learn anything relevant to this issue I'll post it back here.

Thanks,
Mark

 MailmanLists - hosted discussion lists
 Canberra, Australia