On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 1:53 PM, Mark Sapiro <m...@msapiro.net> wrote:

> On 05/15/2017 07:29 AM, Matt Morgan wrote:
> > Has anybody experimented with (or succeeded with) any form of mailman
> list
> > sponsorship? A nonprofit professional assocation I work for asked me for
> > advice about it. If there are current examples I'd be curious to see
> them.
>

> I'm not sure if this is anything like what you have in mind, but if you
> look at the bottom of any of the https://mail.python.org/mailman/* pages
> see s DigitalOcean logo and a Hosted by DigitalOcean link. DigitalOcean
> is in a sense a sponsor in that they provide the VPS that hosts
> mail.python.org and we get a little bit of credit for click-throughs on
> that link.

Yes, that's a great example, thanks!. I'd also love to see examples of a
sponsor message that's in the email messages (headers, footers,
digests)--or, I know there are lots of good reasons not to do that, too, so
it others considered it and ruled it out, it would be interesting to hear
how that transpired.