On Fri, 10 Nov 2017, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> > 'from' address to yourself (or a special-purpose mailbox, or
> > something)?  This would require only changes to stuff you made
> > yourself (the usenet -> list processing).
>
> I'd think the answer was obvious: Because I didn't write the messages, and
> I don't want the responses from people who read them.

IIRC we also check Sender and the envelope sender for membership by
default, and if any of them is a member we let it through.  Maybe
there's a dodge in there you can use?

I could add an approved header, but then I'd be passing spam in the usenet group onto the list. I can catch the most obvious stuff, but some would leak.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY