On 01/16/2018 11:17 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
The down side of this is each time you run it, the messages in the archive will be renumbered and prior saved URLs to archived messages will no longer work.

It seems like it would be possible to augment the prune_arch script to add place holder messages for pruned messages thus making sure that the prior saved URLs would still be valid. I.e.:

| From:  Pruned <maill...@example.net>
| To: Mail List <maill...@example.net>
| Subject: Pruned
| Date: $originalDate
|
| This message has been pruned from the archive.

I think that the ~160 bytes that each pruned message would consume would be worth retaining the functionality of the prior saved URLs.

Just my 2ยข worth.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die